Emergency Telecommunicator/911 Operator (Dispatcher)
Emergency Telecommunicator/911 Operator (Dispatcher) Full Time / Part Time
Job Titles: Full-Time Dispatcher / Part-Time Dispatcher
Salary: Full-Time: $30,000.00 yearly / Part-Time: $10.50 hourly
General Statement of Duties:
• Receive incoming calls from the public, county departments, or other departmental or law enforcement personnel; and performs necessary documentation.
• Receive 911 telephone calls.
• Provide professional contact with private citizens and public officials related to the activities performed by the Communications Division.
• Maintain radio communications with all personnel (local, county, state, federal) involved in public safety utilizing the Department’s radio frequency as per established protocol and procedures when applicable.
• Establish and maintain liaison with all local, county, state, federal officials and other public officials related to aspects of the Communications Division when applicable.
• Maintain communication on a daily basis with immediate supervisor.
• Maintain liaison with other divisions of the Department.
• Coordinate and prioritize calls for service involving Law Enforcement other agencies, Emergency Medical Services, and Fire Departments.
• Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• High School Graduation or its equivalent.
• Clerical work experience or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Must be able to work shift work.
• Must be able to work holidays, weekends, and overtime including days off.
• Must be able to multitask and work under high levels of stress for 8-12 hours.
• Strong typing and computer skills, excellent people and communication skills.
Applications may be obtained from this website or directly from the Liberty County Sheriff's Office.
* LIBERTY COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER *