top of page


It is the goal of the Warrants Division to enter all Felony, Class "A", Class "B", and some Class "C" warrants as soon as they are received by the Sheriff's office in order to get the information to dispatch for the information to be entered into the TCIC/NCIC system in a timely manner.  We are also responsible for entering Protective orders and the extradition of defendants that have been arrested by other agencies on our charges, and the transportation of all mental patients in Liberty County.

   Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
   Two assigned Deputies
   Scotty Nugent
5345 Hwy 146 north

Liberty, TX 77575

Attn:  Warrants


Q.     How do I find out if I have a warrant?


A.     To check Liberty County Warrants you must fax, mail, email, or come in person.
Q.     How do I request a warrant check?


A.     Your request must include, your name, your phone number and the person whom you're checking for warrants name, date of birth, and any other identifying information you have.
Q.     When are you going to pick up the defendant from another county?


A.     For security reasons, we will not tell you when we are going to pick someone up.  

In the State of Texas we have 10 working days from the time the arresting agency notifies us that they are done with their charges.

For out of state, we have up to 30 working days.
Q.     Can you tell me if I have a warrant in another county?


A.     The LCSO cannot tell you if you have a warrant with another agency; however, you can call Austin Public Records at 512-424-2079 for assistance.
Q.     Can I pay my warrants off?


A.     We do not accept money for any warrants, but if you have class "C" warrants you can contact the corresponding Justice of the Peace and pay your fine with them. If you have a Theft by Check warrant issued out of Liberty County Court at Law, you may contact the County Attorney's Office at 936-336-4655 for assistance.
Q.     Can I do a no arrest bond?


A.     We do not do no arrest bonds, you will have to be booked in the jail and seen by the magistrate judge before bonding.
Q.     I have information on the where-abouts of a subject that has a warrant.   What do I do?


A.     You can contact the Warrant Division using any method from above with the subjects name and the best description of their location you can provide, OR you may go through the "TIP SECTION" of this website and remain anonymous.
Q.     What if the person is wanted from another agency?


A.     If the person has a warrant from another agency, you will have to contact that agency and they will have to contact our agency.
Q.     Is there a reward for information leading to the arrest of a wanted subject?


A.     If anyone has information regarding a person wanted on a FELONY warrant you can call the Multi-County Crime Stopper “tip line” at 1-800-392-7867 and provide the information. Crime Stoppers will pay a cash reward for information leading to the arrest of any FELONY offender and the identity of the “tipster” will remain anonymous.
Q.     How do I get a Protective Order?


A.     We do not issue Protective Orders.  Contact the County Attorney's Office at 936 336-4655 for assistance. 

bottom of page